Signs That Your Home May Need Mold Remediation

Home Mold Removal and Remediation

If you have a mold situation in your home or business, you need certified professionals who can safely and effectively take care of the problem. As mold remediation experts

If you’ve discovered mold, or are concerned that a slow leak may have allowed it to grow behind a wall or other unseen area, find the mold, treat it, and do a complete water damage remediation. put the highest value on open communication and customer service and document the entire mold removal process.

Mold removal protects the health of your family or employees, preserves the structural integrity of your property, and improves the musty, damp smell associated with mold.

Health Risks of Mold

About 50 to 100 common types of indoor mold have the potential to create health problems. Due to the health risks associated with mold exposure, it is best to have mold remediation conducted as soon as possible

Though the type of reaction depends upon the mold present, according to both the EPA and CDC all molds have the potential to cause health issues such as:


Breathing difficulties

Persistent cough or cold symptoms

Burning or irritation of the eyes, nose, throat or lungs

Asthma attacks

Hypersensitivity pneumonitis

Skin irritation

Allergic reactions

Opportunistic infections in immune-compromised individuals

How long does it take for mold to grow in the bay area

So you’ve had a little overflow at the house and you think you did a good job soaking up the water and cleaning up the spill.  A few days have gone by and now it is starting to smell musty and you are wondering what is happening.

It doesn’t take much water to make a pretty big issue.  That smell you are experiencing is the sign that things are happening on the microbiology scale.  Even though you may not see anything, mold is starting.  This can happen in as little as 72 hours after the water damage, or quicker if the water was hot.

Mold only needs a few things in order for it to grow, humidity, Food (Wood like your framing or paper like your drywall) and warmth.  Mold likes to have environments similar to what is comfortable with us when it relates to warmth.  Our houses are mostly made of wood and paper materials, just what mold likes to eat.  So, now you add a little moisture and you have the ideal environment for mold to grow.

What do you do now?  Well, if you truly had a small amount of water that you cleaned up quickly, you may be able to get away with cleaning the areas touched by water with a disinfectant and setting up a fan to dry them out.  This is only an option if the area was very small and there are no visible signs of mold growth.

If the area is a little larger, has visible signs of mold, or has multiple layers of materials then you may have to get more invasive.  The only way to get rid of mold is to physically remove it.  Spraying and wiping it may make the visible part go away but all you really did was put all the mold spores in the air that you breathe.  The affected materials, drywall, baseboard, flooring needs to be physically removed to at least 12” beyond all visible signs of mold damage.  This is the only way to remove mold.  If you have more than a small area of mold (less than a square foot)  you really need to bring a professional in to help assess your needs to properly take care of the issue.

Green Mold Removal and Remediation

Mold can cause all kinds of damage to your home. If you’re not careful you can suffer all kinds of serious health problems as a result of untreated mold in a house. Mold can grow just about anywhere and you have to make sure you’re keeping your house and especially your basement clean and protected from the potential for problems to crop up as a result of a mold infestation

If you have a mold problem you’re going to need to call experts to handle the issue. This is not a task that should be done by yourself or by any untrained people at all. Dealing with mold is a risky and hazardous situation and it would be wise to not get involved at all with it and risk exposing yourself to possible harm as a result of breathing or ingesting mold spores

Getting yourself sick a result of trying to do too much when it comes to cleaning and taking care of your house is a mistake anyone can make but you really shouldn’t make that mistake here. This is a serious issue and as a result only experts who know exactly how to handle the problem should be counted on to address what is going on and to solve the problem in a prompt, timely, and very professional manner.

You might think that black mold is the only mold that is really dangerous but other mold if left unchecked can cause all kinds of problems as well. Molds of all sorts are big problems that need to be taken care of before they end up becoming even bigger problems

Property that has been damaged by mold can be so completely ruined that it may be unsalvageable and have to be thrown away. Losing valuable things to mold damage can be a frustrating and unsettling experience.

Things To Understand About Mold Remediation

Business owners in Timber Ridge, TN, understand the serious nature of black mold. When detected, these spores pose a serious problem for employees and clients, mandating attention as soon as possible. In order to get the company up and running smoothly, professional assistance is necessary. Therefore, contact a mold restoration company to assist in eradicating the trouble.

Section It Off

Microbes travel by contact and through the air. Therefore, the first part of mold cleanup is limiting movement and reducing exposure. When the crew arrives, the staff should begin surveying the premises, determining the extent of infestation. They’ll perform tests and visual analysis.

Protect From the Hazard

Personal protection equipment is important to prevent breathing in the black mold. Anytime the team is present, they should take care to avoid spreading the organisms. Masks and gloves should be used at all times. In addition, no one unauthorized or unprotected should enter the work zone.

Remove Contamination

Reducing fungus counts has more to do with disposal than chemicals. The microscopic size of fungus is troublesome. After all, that simply means they can seep into porous items easily. Cleaners cannot always guarantee eradication. Thus, heavily infested materials should be torn out and discarded. This includes carpeting and drywall.

Dry and Scrub

Moisture complicates the situation, speeding up reproduction. Fix the original water leak. Then, mold remediation rules mandates airing out the property. Industrial dehumidifiers can be used for several days, pulling humidity from the rooms. While this occurs, nonporous or valuable assets undergo content cleaning.


While Mold could be dangerous to certain individuals in in certain circumstances, most of situations are easily dealt with and over-exaggerated by some companies within the industry. On this page, you’ll find everything from how mold starts, to when to hire a specialist vs. doing it yourself. You’ll also learn about the implications + many other questions we frequently get asked

Mold exists everywhere, and it’s not always a bad thing. For example, finding mold outside your home, such as in composting, producing wines or cheese is very common and definitely not dangerous. On the other hand, finding mold inside your home is a different story as it decomposes building materials, causes allergies and much more.

Mold growth stems from excess moisture in the house, and when this happens mold starts to grow. Things like a flood, pipe burst, overflow or lack of ventilation are all causes of excess moisture. The key to keeping a home mold free is by not allowing excessive moisture and will guarantee a long-lasting and healthy home.


Level I is anything that is less than 10 Sq. feet. Anyone with proper PPE and knowledge can have this taken care of easily. Generally it is not worth the home owners time to hire a team like ours for this as it would be too costly for how simply it can be removed.


Level II is anything from 10 to 100 Sq. feet. At this level, you need specialized equipment, safety gear and a certified team with the experience with these types of jobs.


Level III mold is anything greater than 100 Sq. feet (a larger contamination area will require the use of powered oxygen masks and decontamination showers to protect the workers)